[mythtv-users] Replacing Commercials with Private Commercials

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Apr 19 15:56:51 UTC 2010

Why not use a script to change the input on the TV, or even to mute mythtv
and start your "commercial" in a mplayer instance on top of mythtv.

I am not sure, but you may be able to locate commercial start and end times
right by simply piping the mythfrontend output to your script while "notify
but do not skip" is enabled.  Not sure if the frontend outputs anything at
the end of a break though.