[mythtv-users] DB Connection Error Ubuntu 9.10 JYA 0.23

James Crow crow.jamesm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 13:02:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 19 April 2010 22:13, James Crow <crow.jamesm at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The thing that appears odd to me is the "Using configuration directory =
> > /.mythtv" I think it should be /home/mythtv/.mythtv. The users mythtv
> exists
> > and has its home directory set to /home/mythtv. The /home/mythtv/.mythtv
> > directory exists and has links to the /etc/mythtv config files.
>
> This issues was reported earlier, as well as the cause and how to fix it...
>
> Just so there will be an answer in users for the next person who searches
this list, the solution is to remove the /etc/default/mythtv-backend file.
The upstart job in /etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf contains a --user setting
which imports the user environment. The /etc/default/mythtv-backend file
does not contain the --user option. I imagine this will be fixed in a future
update.

Or you could do the hack I initially did and create a /.mythtv directory
with links to /etc/mythtv/config.xml and /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt.

Cheers,
James