[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Apr 18 23:13:30 UTC 2010

On 04/18/2010 03:38 PM, mugginz wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 05:29:13 am Raymond Wagner wrote:
>
>> On 4/18/2010 15:04, mugginz wrote:
>>
>>> This presents a problem while watching live TV.  If I start recording a
>>> channel, say Channel 9, the only channel choices I can make are the ones
>>> in the same multiplex as Channel 9.  If I want to watch a channel not in
>>> that multiplex I must manually change input sources.
>>>
>> Solution A - Stop using LiveTV.

The /best/ solution.

>> Solution B - Use the 'avoid conflicts between livetv and recordings'
>> option, which causes livetv to select its recorder from the bottom of
>> the list.
>>
>> Solution C - Add each tuner with one virtual tuner.  Then go back and
>> add in additional virtual tuners, ensuring the three physical tuners are
>> the first three that will be selected.
>>
> Option A isn't an option.
>
> Tried option B but it doesn't rectify this situation.
>
> Will now investigate the virtual tuner options in C.  Can't say I've heard of
> them though for this scenario.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/369358#369358 read the
/entire/ post, but use the approach at the end (which requires
information from earlier in the post to figure out how to do it).

Or,

Solution D - map a key to NEXTCARD and hit /one/ key to switch cards
when you want to.

IMHO, the best solution is A, then D, then C.

Mike