[mythtv-users] Enabling multirec borks usability a bit.

mugginz feed.mugginz at internode.on.net
Sun Apr 18 19:04:17 UTC 2010

I have a problem with the way MythTV handles DVB multiplexed channels.

I've got three DVB-T tuners in the backend.  In order to utilize the multirec
feature of MythTV, each of those tuners have their Max Tuners set to 2.

This presents a problem while watching live TV.  If I start recording a
channel, say Channel 9, the only channel choices I can make are the ones in
the same multiplex as Channel 9.  If I want to watch a channel not in that
multiplex I must manually change input sources.

Is there a way to have MythTV work more like a normal multi-tuner PVR in this
respect?  If not currently, is there any likelihood of this getting addressed
as some point in the future?

If I disable multirec by setting each tuner to Max Tuners=1 then it works as
expected, but then doesn't allow one tuner to record more than one channel
from a multiplex.  In this configuration I must use up a whole tuner per
channel no matter whether they're on the same multiplex or not.