[mythtv-users] How to install Nvidia 185 on Ubuntu and not get the nvidia-current?

Mark Hutchinson markhsa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 02:49:38 UTC 2010

Thank you for the advice.  All I am actually trying to do is get audio to
work via HDMI on my Nvidia 250 card. Ubunto 10.04
It worked fine under 9.10 and NVidia 185.  I read that 195 might have audio
issues.  Perhaps not though?

Any advice on what to try for HDMI audio?  remove pulse, install alsa, how
to troubleshoot?
Assistance appreciated.  Its the last thing for a perfect system.