[mythtv-users] USB IR Blaster: close but no cigar

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu Apr 15 14:48:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-14 at 23:16 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> > He's right - I missed that you had compiled a tarball and not the cvs.
> >  There was a change within the last two weeks that affects thsi unit.
>
> A bit more than two weeks ago now, actually. Greg Oliver was kind
> enough to send me a topseed 0x0008 he had (aka the same AVS Gear
> GP-IR02BK kit the other Greg linked to), and I was able to figure out
> the necessary changes for lirc_mceusb to enable its transmitters, and
> that code was just committed back on March 18 in my git tree, and
> shortly thereafter to lirc cvs.

Damn! I had such high hopes....

This didn't work. I just recompiled lirc from CVS, and my blaster still
does not work. I am sure of:

1) I am running the correct version of lircd
2) I am running the correct version of the lirc_mceusb module
3) I am running the correct version of irw/irsend
4) irw works (so the receiver works)
5) irsend reports no errors
6) The blaster does not work (no visible flash, no flash on the receiver
when irsend is run with the blaster held in front of it)

Anything I can do to debug this and figure out what else I may have done
wrong?

If it matters, this system is still at Fedora 10. Could the kernel be
too old for this new module? (Probably not since it loads fine, but I am
grasping at straws now).

--Greg