[mythtv-users] What should we be testing in 0.23-RC2

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Thu Apr 15 13:07:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Mike Perkins wrote:

> Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> >  o It will be a good idea to run a mythfrontend process on your backened,
> > before doing so from any other machine. In the upgrade process, when it

> For some of us, this can be... tricky. When you've got a headless master
> backend stuffed in a cupboard/under the stairs/in the garage, adding a
> monitor, keyboard and possibly a mouse can be awkward.
>
> Currently, I can do all configuration on my backend(s) using 'ssh -Y <host>'

My backend is also headless, but you can run mythfrontend to a remote X11
machine, as long as the "backend's frontend" is set to use the Qt painter,
and you don't try to actually watch anything. All we are trying to do is run
it and exit again.

If I ssh to my backend, and run "mythfrontend" -- the frontend process shows
up on the machine I ssh'ed in from.