[mythtv-users] mythfrontend / HD Trailers/ Crashing

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 15 12:46:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've been using mirobridge (thanks Doug) to download some on-line content,
which include some HD Trailers.  Most of these trailers play fine, but a
couple do not -- in fact trying to play them causes the frontend to crash.
The latest example of this is a trailer for Toy Story 3.  I placed a
bug report in trac (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8161) earlier based
on another trailer, which was closed due to ffmpeg lacking support for
this type of formatted video.

I suspected that I wouldn't be the only person seeing this, but I haven't
seen any conversation on the list/wiki about it -- thus I was wondering if
I might be the only one seeing it.  So has anyone else seen anything like
this, and if so how are you handling it?

Thanks

Nasa