[mythtv-users] What should we be testing in 0.23-RC2

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Apr 15 11:02:35 UTC 2010

Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

>  o It will be a good idea to run a mythfrontend process on your backened,
> before doing so from any other machine. In the upgrade process, when it
> computes the hash or whatever it does, it seems to took over twice as long
> when I did a test upgrade from a networked frontend.

For some of us, this can be... tricky. When you've got a headless master backend
stuffed in a cupboard/under the stairs/in the garage, adding a monitor, keyboard
and possibly a mouse can be awkward.

Currently, I can do all configuration on my backend(s) using 'ssh -Y <host>'
from any of my workstations. Now sure how this is going to work if/when
mythtv-setup goes away. Requiring physical access to a backend sounds
counter-productive.

--

Mike Perkins