[mythtv-users] Dual display of Mythfrontend (different resolutions)?

mythtv at bienzle.de mythtv at bienzle.de
Wed Apr 14 22:06:57 UTC 2010

Hi,

some time ago, i've tried hard to setup a similar configuration you
want to setup. Unfortunately i haven't been successful because the
Resolutions of my screens differed.
Here's how i solved the problem:

My Hardware is:
- NVIDIA GC (NV440)
- a Projector (connected to DVI 1280x720)
- a VGA Touchscreen Monitor (connected to VGA 800x600)
- a TV (Connected to TV-Out)

I'm having 2 different xorg.confs. One of them is driving my VGA+TV in
parallel (That was possible without a problem). The other one is
driving my Projector on the DVI Interface.

I'm switching between those configurations by stopping and starting my
display manager and setting the appropriate link to the other
xorg.conf as well as .nvidia-settings-rc (In my case they're mainly
setting brightness,contrast,etc.)
All this happens in a script which is started with my Remote via LIRC.

The script looks as follows.

<snip>----------------------------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
# configs are /etc/X11/xorg.conf.crt and /etc/X11/xorg.conf.dfp

recent=`ls -l /etc/X11/xorg.conf | cut -d ">" -f 2 | sed -e "s/^ *//"`
case "$recent" in
   xorg.conf.crt)
     rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
     ln -s xorg.conf.dfp /etc/X11/xorg.conf
     rm /home/mythtv/.nvidia-settings-rc
     ln -s /home/mythtv/.nvidia-settings-rc.dfp
/home/mythtv/.nvidia-settings-rc
     /etc/init.d/gdm restart
     ;;
   xorg.conf.dfp)
     rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
     ln -s xorg.conf.crt /etc/X11/xorg.conf
     rm /home/mythtv/.nvidia-settings-rc
     ln -s /home/mythtv/.nvidia-settings-rc.crt
/home/mythtv/.nvidia-settings-rc
     /etc/init.d/gdm restart
     ;;
   *)
     exit 1
esac

I hope this helps.

If anybody has a solution to drive all Screens in parallel (mythtv
started on all screens in parallel), i'm definetely interested.

Best Regards.

   Dominik