[mythtv-users] What should we be testing in 0.23-RC2

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 14 20:01:59 UTC 2010

On 04/14/2010 01:38 PM, Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> OK, I bit the bullet, and my whole home Mythsystem is now running 0.23 RC2

FWIW, I /highly/ recommend using 0.23-fixes versus any of the RC
tarballs or SVN tags.  *buntu has 0.23-fixes available in their
auto-builds ( http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds ).  Other distros
likely have -fixes available, too.

> Is there anything we should be testing, and do the devs want POSITIVE
> feedback on part, if it's working just fine ?

Positive feedback here on -users list is good for both devs who read
-users /and/ for users who might be considering upgrading.

As far as what to test, I'd suggest just using the things you normally
use and reporting any issues you find (here, first, then once determined
that it is an unreported/unresolved bug, you can create a ticket).  IMHO
0.23-fixes is in pretty good shape, so there's really nothing that we
know of that needs any extensive testing.

Mike