[mythtv-users] TV broken after time away

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Wed Apr 14 18:36:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM, Damian <myth at surr.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have just got back to the UK after being away for 4 months. My
> Ubuntu/Mythbuntu system has been on all of that time and I have been
> using it remotely. Since getting back, I have run all available updates
> on the system and all seems to be working fine except for Mythbuntu's
> Live TV. I don't seem to be able to lock onto a channel. Recordings that
> have been made while I have been away seemed fine until the last couple
> of weeks when they stopped working.

Howdy Damian,

So you appear to be saying that the recordings stopped before your
updated/rebooted, which would eliminate the updates. As for further
ideas, you're going to have to provide at least a tiny amount of info.

What hardware are you using?  Have you verified the tuner works outside of Myth?

Good luck,

   Marc