[mythtv-users] New system configuration

Kaare Rasmussen kaare at jasonic.dk
Wed Apr 14 10:56:52 UTC 2010

> Additional clarification: unless you plan to have the backend machine
> connected to a television, and thus being used as a frontend (I'd
> recommend not, you'd be surprised how annoying the hard drive noise
> during recording can be), using an Ion system makes no sense - the
> Atom processor is too slow, and the nVidia Ion graphics chip won't be
> used for anything.

So your recommendation is to have a separate, perhaps dedicated backend server
and deploy several Ion machines as frontends. The backend should be packed
away to avoid the noise. How I control it is something I don't get right now.

The Ion machine is btw just a name I picked up from a local list here where
they claim that it just works. :-)

But it's rather disappointing that you need more than one tuner. I think I'll
follow Thomas' advice and join the local mythtv forum to learn more about what
MythTV really is.

--
Med venlig hilsen
Kaare Rasmussen, Jasonic

Jasonic                 Telefon: +45 3816 2582
Nordre Fasanvej 12
2000 Frederiksberg      Email: kaare at jasonic.dk