[mythtv-users] Does language en_gb exist (even though I can select it)

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Tue Apr 13 21:52:33 UTC 2010

Hi!

Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
>> get the following output:
>>
>> # lupdate translate.pro
>> lupdate error: Cannot open C++ source file '../libs/libmythdb/*.cpp':
>> No such file or directory
>> lupdate error: Cannot open C++ source file '../libs/libmythdb/*.h': No
>> such file or directory
>> lupdate error: Cannot open C++ source file '../libs/libmyth/*.cpp': No
>> such file or directory
>

> <snip>
>
>> lupdate error: Cannot open C++ source file
>> '../programs/mythtvosd/*.cpp': No such file or directory
>>
>> Should I be worried? This is following the wiki page and the earlier
>> comments in this thread, and globbed files mentioned in the errors do
>> exist.
> Considering that lupdate parses the source files to extract new
> translatable strings
> I would say a big YES to that...
>
> I'll do a checkout and try it on my end and let you know...

OK, I just tried

<<
Updating 'mythfrontend_en_gb.ts'...

     Found 3990 source text(s) (404 new and 3586 already existing)
     Kept 156 obsolete entries
     Same-text heuristic provided 6 translation(s)

and everything is OK...

You do need to have the source code present (and at the right place) when you run
lupdate, have you tried running lupdate in a different directory than where you did
the checkout and without the source code?

If you look at the content of translate.pro you will see that you get an error
message for each of the (relative) directory names (or files) listed in it.

Is there anything which could make the source code not visible (ACL, etc...)?

Let me know...

Have a nice day!

Nick