[mythtv-users] Question about upgrade 9.10->10.04 and 22-23fixes

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 17:36:02 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Mark Hutchinson <markhsa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The ubuntu repos include .23?  Or mythbuntu?  If mythbuntu, can those repos
>> be added to get the .23 repo for just the mythtv?
>> Clarify please.  Thank you
>
> Mythbuntu, but they can be added to any *buntu easily from the web site...
>
> http://www.mythbuntu.org/existing-ubuntu
>

>> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> 10.4 uses .23-fixes by default.  I would recommend staying on 9.10
>>> though..  I may entirely skip 10.4 this time around as they have
>>> incorporated the "plymouth" framework and I have had several issues
>>> with the 2 test installs I have done..  Nothing that cannot be fixed,
>>> but more of a headache than anything..  I'll let the rest of the
>>> people help them iron out the issues before the 10.10 release  :)

BTW:  I just installed mythtv on a laptop I am testing 10.4 on, and
the versions in the "regular" repos and the version from mythbuntu on
my revo 1600 match exactly..  I guess the mythbuntu blessed builds are
the same ones that go to the ubuntu repos..

I would *not* let your system upgrade to the yesterday released
2.6.32-20 kernel from the .19 kernel though.  I have had lockups all
night and today on both machines..  The -19 kernel has been pretty
stable for me though, but you will have automount issues through
plymouth more than likely with it though :)

Pick your poison!