[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HVR-4000 under 0.23RC2/FC12

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Apr 13 15:42:45 UTC 2010

On 13 Apr 2010, at 15:53, Michael PARKER wrote:

> I'm trying to get DVB-T working on my HVR-4000 card under 0.23RC2/FC12.
>
> Does anyone know whether the comments re. a broken driver in kernel versions 2.6.30-2.6.32 in the
> following page still apply?
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-4000

It didn't work fully in RC1, no DVBT, haven't tried more recently.

> If so, is the fix as simple as the Wiki suggests:
>
> 	hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/
> 	cd v4l-dvb
> 	make
> 	make install
> 	reboot

That's almost all there is to it, you may have to disable the firedtv driver if make fails at firedtv just edit:

/usr/local/src/v4l-dvb/v4l/.config

CONFIG_DVB_FIREDTV=n

That's probably in the wiki too.

Don't forget the firmware.

> only I'm having problems finding any mention of a v4l-dvb-fixes module/rpm etc.
> http://hg.kewl.org/archive/v4l-dvb-fixes returns a broken link.....

Never heard of it, sorry, linuxtv.org is the official repository to my knowledge.

Andre