[mythtv-users] Burning Hauppauge HD PVR files for HD playback on Blu-Ray player

Dan Klosterman dkloster at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 11 20:50:43 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have a Hauppauge HD PVR (1212).  I believe that the file format coming out of the HDPVR is AVCHD compatible.  I would like to burn the recorded files to a regular DVD+-R for High Definition playback on a Blu-Ray player.  I do NOT want to transcode to regular old standard definition DVD.  What linux software could I use to burn the DVDRs?  I was hoping that k3b might be able to do this, but I don't see it in the menus.  Maybe cdrecord, growisofs, and/or dvdauthor can handle what I want to do, but it doesn't seem to mention anything in the man pages.  I know that I might be able to only burn an 1-2 hours or so, depending on 720p or 1080i.   I believe that the Windows program that came with the unit (Arcsoft TME Disk Create) is able to do this, but I want to be able to do this in linux.

Thanks.