[mythtv-users] Yet another Fedora 12 lirc_serial question

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 14:35:10 UTC 2010

On 11 April 2010 15:16, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The "Fedora way" is to put the modprobe commands in a file called
>> something like /etc/sysconfig/modules/lirc.modules, which is read at
>> boot during sysinit processing, and not as late as rc.local.
>
> Does this also work in Fedora 12? I have these lines in
> /etc/sysconfig/modules/lirc.modules:
>   options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
>   install lirc_serial /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none ;
> /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install lirc_serial
>
> But the module doesn't get loaded at boot time. The only way I can get
> it to load so far is in rc.local.

Doesn't the module configuration go in /etc/modprobe.d/*.conf and the
actual modprobe command(s) for device modules (such as those for LIRC
serial devices) that are not autodetected/loaded in
/etc/sysconfig/modules/*.modules?

I tend to avoid the Fedora upgrade merry-go-round, so things may have
changed in Fedora 12 (so please accept my apologies if what I am
saying is wrong). I'm sure Jarod or another kindly Fedora user will
quickly point out if this information is no longer accurate.

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Morrott