[mythtv-users] Biggest Mythtv setup

MarcT myrdhn at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 06:42:18 UTC 2010

  Odd, 2 hours here would be about 4.4G, why is yours so bloated?

All recordings vary.
For example:
A 1 hour SD recording made on my PVR-500 is about 2.2G (Analog Capture).
This would be on par with your 2 hour recording.
A 1 hour SD recording made by my HD-5000 is about 900 MB (Digital Capture).
A 1 hour HD recording made on my HD-5000 varies from about 3G (SD show on a
HD channel, black bars on the sides) to about 5G (720p HD recording) to
about 8G (1080p HD recording). The 720p HD capture would be on par with the
other party's 10G recording.

Marc