[mythtv-users] Netflix under MythTV

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 16:03:18 UTC 2010

I have seen some discussion on integrating Netflix Streaming in a Myth
system. Perhaps I can get some help, or be of help.

I have set up a menu selection that runs VirtualBox and fires off Windows XP
and Netflix.  I can then stream instant movies.  The problem is they jitter
so badly nobody will watch them.  The sound is fine (digital), but the
picture is jerky like you would expect if the machine lacked CPU power.  I
am using a AMD 5400+, Mythbuntu 8.04 and Myth 0.21.  VirtualBox version
2.1.2.

In a recent post, someone said that VirtualBox will run 99% of raw CPU power
but I would expect my 5400+ to have enough power to stream.  Help would be
appreciated.

Allen