[mythtv-users] Sound issue for one recording in 0.22 (not 0.23)

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 15:30:05 UTC 2010

I have had this happen when the order of the sound is different than what
the decoder wants.  In fact, I have two decoders and had a program play
through one but not on the other.  I put some code in my wiki to address
this issue.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki?title=AllensDigitalAudioHowto

My suggestion is to follow the instructions in the wiki specifically setting
up asound.conf.  There are several listed to try, one is this:

  pcm.!default {
     type plug
     slave {
        pcm "hw:0,1"
        format S32_LE
     }
  }

With Myth set up this way:

Audio output device: ALSA:default
Passthrough output device: Default
Max Audio Channels: Stereo (MUST BE SET TO STEREO as of 6/2/2009 for
passthrough to work)
Upmix: Passive
Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough checked
Enable DTS to SPDIF passthrough checked
Aggressive sound card buffering off
Use internal volume controls off

My wiki covers Myth 0.21 so might be out of date.  Let me know if it is.
 Send me a message directly as I don't always read the list lately.

Allen