[mythtv-users] Myth 0.22 on Lucid 10.04

bhaskins at chartermi.net bhaskins at chartermi.net
Fri Apr 9 14:34:25 UTC 2010

---- Steve Curtis <scurtis at fixation.net> wrote:
> On 9 April 2010 00:18, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
>

> > No, really, it'll be easy - nothing in your backend configuration
> > should be affected - 0.23-fixes really just feels like 0.22-fixes++
> >
> > - Chris
> >

> So I've got a nice stable 8.04 backend with a nice xfs RAID5 array for my
> media.  I'll clonezilla first of course, but is it worth upgrading to 9.04
> and then 10.04 and then switch up to 0.23-fixes.  I've had some issues with
> other packages that mean I could do with moving up a release or two..
>
> Or - I suppose I _should_ re-install 10.04 onto a new drive :-(
>
> Steve.
I hope that this is not considered to be hijacking this thread but maybe this might
save someone some time.
I  did both a inplace upgrade and a fresh install of 10.04 on two different laptops
with the intention of moving them to .23.
Hibernation is just completely smashed flat on both where it was working fine on 09.10.
I don't have a path to the lucid devs so I don't know how to report this.
One or both of these boxes are used to do a FireWire capture off of STB(s)
which is a hit or miss thing in ianyway so the hibernation crash is a major deal breaker.