[mythtv-users] vdpau - always a black border

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 09:50:12 UTC 2010

I've just installed mythbuntu 9.10 on an acer revo. I've connected it,
via HDMI, to a monitor and to an HD TV.

 if I select the default CPU+ playback profile, then all the programs
i've tried display correctly. However if I select any of the VDPAU
playback profiles there is always a black border, regardless of  the
original aspect ratio.

I can't find any reference to anyone else having this problem, so I
expect it's something I've set up incorrectly. Can anyone suggest what
I can try to fix this?

Thanks and regards,

Chris