[mythtv-users] Quick way to create new channel lineup based on existing one?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Apr 9 04:57:21 UTC 2010

I'd like to create an exact copy of a video source (as mythtv-setup
calls it; heretofore referred to as "lineup"), under another name of
course. Is there an easy way?

I ask because I just deployed a HD-PVR, in part so as to record a few
channels I can't get via FireWire. Before the HD-PVR I had one lineup
for my two cable boxes, with the unavailable-via-FireWire channels
made invisible so the scheduler won't use them. Since I only have one
HD-PVR, I need a second lineup for it, but it'd be almost identical to
the first with the exception of those aforementioned channels. I'd
like to copy the existing lineup (and the associated info I've
customized over the years, in particular the channel-icon filenames)
into a new one, make those few channels visible, then associate the
new lineup with the HD-PVR. Suggestions?

--
Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> | San Francisco CA US