[mythtv-users] HD-PVR input issues:

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Fri Apr 9 03:24:46 UTC 2010

Mark wrote:
>> You may have to set up a UDEV rule.. You don't say, but just what were
>> you upgrading(distro,version)?
>>

> I'm running Arch Linux, it's a rolling release system.
>
> I did a pacman -Syu, which updates all current installed packages to
> latest stable revisions.
>
> I should note, that myth is NOT installed via package system due to some
> glitches at the time I built the server.  That's source compiled.

So is there some mysql code I can write to re-install the linkage from
hdpvr to /dev/video2 or whatever to /dev/video4 where it is now?

The blowing away the cards / input connections / source routine doesn't
seem to get it done.  I've looked at udev rules but it seems fiendishly
complex for usb.

I *REALLY* don't want to blow away my database.  WAY too much on there
to do that.