[mythtv-users] netflix + myth 0.23

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Apr 8 16:01:42 UTC 2010

On Thursday 08 April 2010 09:50:30 am Josh White wrote:

> The problem here seems to be Linux.  We have frontends running on Mac OS an
> even Windows (though not very well in the case of Windows). If runing Myth
>  & Netflix is really the goal, then I suggest switching the OS to something
>  that supports both.

I don't see the problem as Linux, I see the problem as DRM.

But in any case I think the Myth developers would prefer to work on Myth, not
something proprietary that makes money for others.

Open Source developers do what they do for their own reasons, which do not
usually include proprietary solutions.

Granted it would enhance Myth, but if we ever see a Netflix solution for Myth
it would be by calling some external program, not integrated into Myth itself.
Purely a personal opinion of course.