[mythtv-users] More problems with Mirobridge

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Thu Apr 8 01:54:17 UTC 2010

Nasa,
    A test to try. Add two cron jobs that have the following commands

env `dbus-launch` sh -c 'trap "kill $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID" EXIT;
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/mirobridge.py -Vt' >
"/tmp/envtest_mirobridge.log" 2>&1

and

ffmpeg --help > "/tmp/envtest_ffmpeg.log" 2>&1

Pastebin the results from the two log files and post the link to this
thread. Make sure the pastebin will not be removed from at least a few
days. Even though "--help" is not a valid argument for ffmpeg it will
verify that ffmpeg can be accessed within your cron environment. Do not
bother changing this parameter to the valid "-h".

I am suspicious that ffmpeg is not available to the cron environment.
This test must be run from your regular crontab not just a one off cron
job. Once you run the test and have captured the results you can remove
the two cron jobs.

As far as the odd naming of the Geekbrief video I do not know but lets
deal with one issue at a time.

Has MiroBridge ever worked for you? If it has then when did it stop
working and what has changed within the period that it stopped working?

Doug