[mythtv-users] 0.21 and 0.22 servers on the same network?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 20:40:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately this MythTV wiki page on the subject doesn't seem to
>> tell me how to turn it off. I took a quick look using a frontend down
>>

> mythbackend --help
>
> --noupnp                       Do not enable the UPNP server
>
> Doug

Thanks.

I wonder if any Gentoo users know whether this can go in
/etc/conf.d/mythbackend? Or do I have to hand edit the init scripts?

It worked (I think) editing the init script and adding --noupnp as
Media Player no longer sees it. However editing init scripts is
probably not the Gentoo  way to do this.

Thanks,
Mark