[mythtv-users] HD-PVR and SPDIF out sound

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Tue Apr 6 17:47:48 UTC 2010

I am running trunk 23994 and just got the output of the audio from my
F/E to be SPDIF so now I am trying to make sure I have the best sound
available from my capture devices.

I have had the HD-PVR running well for at least six months with
composite input and the stereo plugs for sound.  I tried to switch to
the SPDIF connector for sound and made the changes required in the
backend to look at the SPDIF for sound.

My problem is that when the HD-PVR is used I sometimes get sound and
sometimes I do not get sound.  When I switch back to the stereo input
the sound works all the time.  I have a time warner stb for the HD content.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can look at to make SPDIF
audio work reliably?

Thanks

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5004 (20100406) __________

http://www.eset.com