[mythtv-users] DCT 6200 Firewire Afterusage

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 6 17:10:30 UTC 2010

On 04/06/2010 12:07 PM, Scott wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone has run into this issue and ever came up with
> a reasonable solution.
> Ive noticed with my firewire connection to my DCT 6200 retains the
> last set channel and continues to do whatever with that channel. The
> issue is mainly with the HD channels as those cause the box to work
> more and that generates heat. Heat that I dont need if the box isnt
> actually being used. Right now ive been manually setting the box back
> to a SD channel.

The proper fix is to use the new MythTV event system to specify a script
to run after recording stops that changes the channel to a better channel.

Currently there's no distinction between "recording stopped and new
recording is starting on the same input" and "recording stopped and
input is not in use."  Therefore, you have 2 options:  either add a new
event for specifying that the input is not in use, or make a "smart"
script that can identify if the input is still in use (i.e. by using a
combination of a delay before changing the channel to SD, and a script
for both Recording started and Recording finished, and some state
information with proiper locking).  The actual script is left as an
exercise to the reader.

Mike