[mythtv-users] mythtv firedtv dvb-t macos backend?

Björn Lundin b.f.lundin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 18:18:41 UTC 2010

Hi!
I'm new to this list, but not to mythtv.
I've had mythtv running on various ubuntus since dapper (6.06) using an
analog pvr-150
which has been really good. Moved recently to house, and dvb-t is my option
now.
I got two FireDTV/T cards that works well, but for changing channels.
Changing from one coded channel to another always locks the card up, if the
channels are on different muxes.
Tried compiling my own kernel with patches, but still no go.

Now, I'm up to try running the backend on a ppc mac, with macos leopard.
Using eyetv, the channel switching has been rock solid, but I want mythtv
for several reasons.
However, when running the mythbackend setup program, I see that I cannot
choose FireDTV as tv-card.
It is supported on Linux, but not on mac. Other firewire devices are
supported on mac.
Is there:
* a chance of this card being supported on macos ?
* a way of convincing the mythbackend that it is already supported?
  It is supported by the OS, is there anything I can tweak to make it
  appear in the setup screen?

* another list where these kind of questions are discussed.

I'm using 0.22-fixes

--
/Björn