[mythtv-users] Command-line window dimensions?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 5 17:47:47 UTC 2010

On 04/05/2010 12:43 AM, E. Westbrook wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Jarle Thorsen<jarlethorsen at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Have you tried configuring in mythfrontend which screen the frontend should
>> open at? (in Mythfrontend, Setings->Appearance, probably a couple of pages
>> in you can select to open on screen 1 or 2 (etc..))
>>

> I just now followed this tip.  Unfortunately I don't find anything helpful
> there (that page seems to be just about x11 screen mode, and I don't want
> that adjusted), nor anywhere else after pouring through the settings menus.
>
> Does mythfrontend ALWAYS adjust aspect using physical dimensions?  The only
> physical dimensions available to mythfrontend are the entire desktop's,
> which is always wrong because my two monitors are different sizes and I'm
> not running Xinerama (in favor of video card's direct side-by-side-mode).
>
> Yet it seems there is no way to tell mythfrontend to completely ignore
> physical dimensions in its aspect calculations, for cases like mine where
> the only such data that can be made available to mythfrontend is wildly off.
>
> Someone please tell me I'm wrong?

If you are running in a Xinerama-like configuration (using any of the
Xinerama-like API's), MythTV will display the settings:

Display on screen
Run on the specified screen or spanning all screens.

and

Monitor Aspect Ratio
  - 4:3
  - 16:9
  - 16:10
The aspect ratio of a Xinerama display can not be queried from the
display, so it must be specified.

(both in the Appearance section of mythfrontend settings) for the
reasons you mentioned (and the reason explained in the help text for the
setting).

Mike