[mythtv-users] Maximum length of cables for USB<>Serial DirecTV control?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 02:56:22 UTC 2010

Hi

On 5 April 2010 12:18, E. Westbrook <mythtv-users at westbrook.com> wrote:

> As for computer interfacing, though... is it just me?  I find converters for
> anything-to-RS422 to be expensive.  Between 50 and 100 bucks or more!  A
> cheap USB-to-RS232 adapter goes for $7.99 at Newegg.  So to get to RS232 is
> cheap, RS422 is pricier, at least in my frustrated experience.  (If anyone
> knows different, please advise!)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-2-0-to-RS422-RS-422-RS485-Converter-Adapter-Serial_W0QQitemZ370310934731QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Components?hash=item56384070cb

I bought from this guy before:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RS232-to-RS485-DB9-M-F-Data-Communication-Converter-New_W0QQitemZ320480801153QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9e24f181

Works perfectly with my solar inverter ...

Unfortunate that you have to go to China ; everything I looked for
here was around 20 times more expensive ...