[mythtv-users] Maximum length of cables for USB<>Serial DirecTV control?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Apr 4 23:42:39 UTC 2010

Raymond Wagner wrote:

> The spec actually lists 5 meters (16.4 ft).  It has nothing to do with
> signal quality,

My comment was on the cable quality... Digital signal either makes the
trip or it doesn't; cable quality doesn't matter once it's good enough
to make the connection.

I'm sure there's a Monster Cable USB cable with depleted uranium
contacts or some such.  It still won't get you over the spec distance.
(I just made that up but googled it and it really exists.  Except for
the depleted uranium stuff, though.)

--Yan

--

   o__