[mythtv-users] How do I replace gnome desktop with a lightweight window manager?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 16:15:25 UTC 2010

On 5 April 2010 02:06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>> GDM should have a "Session" item on the login menu.  If you click on that,
>> you should get a menu of available "sessions" or desktops.  GDM will give
>> you an option to keep it for this session only, or change it permanently.
>>  You really don't have to worry about where it stores its scripts.
>
> Sorry, I don't know what you mean. When I boot up all I see is a blue
> screen with a login box. The login box is grey with a blue fedora
> logo. It has an item I can click called MythTV User and underneath
> that it says Other... There is nothing else to click - there are no
> other menus or things that say "Session".

Sorry, I've found where you meant. I think I have a lot of overscan
and the bottom of the screen was hidden. So now I can pick a new
session but whatever I pick I just end up an a screen with a blue
"bubbly" fedora background. You say I don't need to worry about where
the scripts are, but if that's the case how do I tell X to run
mythwelcome, xscreensaver etc? If it's not in .xsession any more,
where is it?