[mythtv-users] Problem playing some 5.1 audio.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 13:24:11 UTC 2010

Hi

On 4 April 2010 21:52, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
> Ah - thats why here in NZ I have that problem - we have to build against
> the external faad lib :-(

I've fixed that issue with libfaad ; I will put the fix in trunk and
submit the patch to the ffmpeg folks

> Don't get to see much AAC though fortunately, although I agree that the
> samples are very very useful :-)

Well, all the Apple's trailer...
Today is the first time I got to hear the Avatar trailers the way it's
supposed to sound

> BTW: Any clues on the MythMusic problem of 2 channel not working if 5.1 is
> selected in in the main setup?

That I'm not sure ; I can't reproduce it. It's working fine here with
all configuration I could try (analog out, digital out, analog in,
digital in, all format I got my hand on)

I was given a sample that is supposed to only play when upconvert is
selected....  I will give it a shot later..

Jean-Yves