[mythtv-users] Problem playing some 5.1 audio.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 10:09:02 UTC 2010

Hi

On 1 April 2010 13:35, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> I am quite certain that these files are in violation of some copyright law
> somewhere... use at your own risk.

Don't really care :) they are very nice !

> Here is a table of my output:
> Expected -  Actual
> Center     -   Left
> Left         -   Right
> Right      -    Center
> RR        -     no sound
> LR         -     no sound
> LFE       -     no sound

Well, as expected, the channel order is fine when compiling mythtv
against libavcodec for AAC decoding.

Against libfaad however, the channel order is indeed incorrect. I
tried the latest libfaad (2.7) ; and it's the same deal...

The question now is where to apply a fix / workaround.

Obviously, the best way to fix it would be upstream with libfaad
obviously ... If we do put a workaround, is it better applied in
libavcodec or in libmyth/audio

Cheers
Jean-Yves