[mythtv-users] How to check status of HD-PVR

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sat Apr 3 13:50:15 UTC 2010

Alan Young wrote:

> What hardware revision do you have?  Some are known to overheat and
> can be returned to Hauppauge for a swap out for a new version.  Before
> that, you could also try turning it on it's side to allow the bottom
> to cool better along with the top.  If you're out of warranty, or
> don't care about a warranty at all ;-) , you can take the top off and
> fill the area with fan mesh to let the heat escape or replace the
> cover with a fan (if it doesn't already have one).  There's
> instructions on the net for that option.
>
> Also do you get any error messages in the system log when the
> recordings fail?
>
> Alan
> _

I'm aware of the early ones with the issues.  I don't have one of those,
it's a C2 or D1 rev, can't remember which offhand.  It's 18 months old.
Bought around end of 2008.

I did get some error messages in my terminal when it was having
problems, but they'd been whisked away by some other errors related to
commflagging before I got a chance to
copy them.  I haven't dug into my logs yet.