[mythtv-users] Found the limit of my hardware !

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 07:42:05 UTC 2010

My Myth backend is a Xen guest running on an AMD64-2000, with a
single HVR1110 tuner capturing Freeview (UK DVD-T), and with
everything (all host and guest filesystems as well as recordings)
stored on a single WD Green 1.5TB drive. Last night, for a short time
it ended up capturing three recordings with multirec, while
commflagging one, and while I watched another. And just for good
measure, it was slow-deleting a couple of recordings.

There was a certain amount of skipping and jumping for a while, so it
was past it's limit, but I'd say only just. Not bad considering the
only hardware I've bought for the setup is the HVR1100 and the 1.5TB
drive - the rest was an existing home server.

--
Simon Hobson