[mythtv-users] cannot grab television metadata

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 3 00:51:55 UTC 2010

> Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 19:15:11 -0400
> From: raymond at wagnerrp.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] cannot grab television metadata
>
> You've got a lot of extra cruft in the
> '/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts' folder.  Your best option is to
> delete that folder, and reinstall MythVideo.  Once you've done that, try
> running the grabber scripts manually from the command line to get a more
> meaningful error message.
>
> Your 'options compile in' indicates you have in fact installed the
> MythTV python bindings, however they are not working for some reason.
> Make sure you have the Python MySQLdb modules installed.  You will
> probably see something to that point when you try running the grabbers
> from the command line.

The pythonv Mysqldb module is installed.

I did as you suggested again.

Executing ./ttvdb.py gives:

The modules tvdb_api.py (v1.0.0 or greater), tvdb_ui.py,
tvdb_exceptions.py and cache.py.

They should have been installed along with the MythTV python bindings.

Error:(No module named ttvdb.tvdb_ui)

Trying the Movies folder and running ./tmdb.py, I get:

The subdirectory "tmdb" containing the modules tmdb_api.py (v0.1.3 or
greater), tmdb_ui.py,

tmdb_exceptions.py must have been installed with the MythTV python
bindings.

Error:(No module named tmdb.tmdb_api)

Yianni.