[mythtv-users] Comcast DTA direct channel change?

Ron Garrison ron.garrison at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 23:25:34 UTC 2010

Well it sounds like I'm in a similar posotion to Scott except I can't
get either ports to transmit.  Here is what I have done:

Built lirc from the cvs repository using the follwing configuration:

./configure.sh --prefix=/usr --with-driver=all --enable-sandbox
--with-transmitter

I had to remove lirc_gpio and lirc_parallel from the makefile due to
compile errors.  Since I don't need them it should not be an issue.

lircd -v returns rcd 0.8.7-CVS

added kirk's lircd.conf (follows) to my already existing lircd.conf
(which contains my hauppauge remote settings)

begin remote

   name DTA
   bits           24
   flags XMP
   eps            20
   aeps          300

   one             0   137
   zero          250   710
   ptrail        250
   pre_data_bits   32
   pre_data       0x170F443E
   post_data_bits  8
   post_data      0x0
   pre           250 12921
   gap          81698
   toggle_bit_mask 0x0

       begin codes
           KEY_1                       0x1E0001
           KEY_2                       0x1D0002
           KEY_3                       0x1C0003
           KEY_4                       0x1B0004
           KEY_5                       0x1A0005
           KEY_6                       0x190006
           KEY_7                       0x180007
           KEY_8                       0x170008
           KEY_9                       0x160009
           KEY_0                       0x1F0000
           KEY_CHANNELDOWN             0x11000E
           KEY_CHANNELUP               0x12000D
           KEY_MUTE                    0x13000C
           KEY_VOLUMEDOWN              0x14000B
           KEY_VOLUMEUP                0x15000A
           KEY_LANGUAGE                0x150082
           KEY_INFO                    0x170026
           KEY_ENTER                   0x180025
           KEY_LAST                    0x190051
       end codes

end remote

executed the following two commands (first is for hauppauge, second for mceusb):

lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0
--output=/var/run/lirc/lircd0 --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lirc0.pid

lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1
--output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1 --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lirc1.pid

Now to test receive I type:

irw /var/run/lirc/lircd0

Using my hauppauge (actually a universal programmed to look like a
hauppauge) I get the proper responses as defined by the lircd.conf
file.

Now doing the same with the other port:

irw /var/run/lirc/lircd1

I use my new comcast DTA remote and I get the proper responses (which
uses Kirk's lircd.conf indicating that the Thomson DCI1011COM DTA uses
he same codes as the Pace and Motorola).

So far so good.  Hardware is there and can receive properly.

I now type the following

irsend --device=/var/run/lirc/lircd1 set_transmitters 1 2
irsend --device=/var/run/lirc/lircd1 send_once DTA KEY_2

And there is nothing transmitted.  No errors - no transmission.  I
have tried both ports.

I own a nirvis slink-e which can receive ir and display the wave form
on the computer.  I tested that it works using all remotes (including
the new comcast DTA remote) so it really easy for me to know if ir is
being transmitted or not.  I have also used this in the past to
determine protocols, device IDs etc for unknown remotes.  Very useful.

Not sure where to go from here.  Maybe add debug logging to see if it
will show anything.  Did I miss something to enable transmitting?

Note when I try to set transmitters on my hauppauge card (lircd0) it
complains - as it should - that the hardware cannot transmit.  If I
try to set more than 2 transmitters on the mceusb it also complains -
as it should - that there are only 2 transmitters.  It appears that
everything is setup properly.

Ron