[mythtv-users] Using "jump mainmenu" starts livtv

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Thu Apr 1 23:32:15 UTC 2010

On 04/01/10 18:00, Bill Meek wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 15:22 -0400, Dale E. Pontius wrote:
> <snip>
>> ...... I've checked, and on my machine mythfrontend doesn't bind to
>> 6546 - it binds to 6545, 6547, and several other ports.  I know that
>> using netcat to send a command to 6547 doesn't work, and I haven't yet
>> tried 6545 or the others.  Can anyone comment on this, or is there
>> another way to send commands to mythfrontend from a script?
>
> Does mythfrontend Utilities/Setup->Setup->General->Remote Control (9th
> page) have Enable Network Remote Control checked and the port below it
> equal 6546?
Well of course not!  That's something remote, and whenever the option
appears I always disable stuff like that, assuming I don't need it.
Never mind that mythfrontend already has several other ports open,
including broadcast and multicast.

I've enabled it, and can now "jump mainmenu".  (Now to do this on the
"appliance" machine, since I'm on the deskside in the study, now.)

Thanks,
Dale