[mythtv-users] USB over IP

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Apr 1 19:40:25 UTC 2010

>> I am getting to great a concentration of devices in my media center and am
>> attempting to decentralize. Has any one tried to use the hvr-1900 or pvrusb2
>> over a USB network server? Like the keyspan us-4a or the Belkin USB hub?
>>

> MythTV already performs this function.  Just attach the tuners to a second
> computer, and run the backend on it.

Ha ha ha... $100 keyspan running off a wallwart... vs a pc with software to
maintain and moving parts to fail.  While I agree that it's nice to be able
to extend the system by adding backends, it's not always the best method.

If the key span works I might invest in one.  It would allow me to put my
USB tuners as close to the antenna as possible and run cat5 to my server...
much like I do now with my HDHR.