[mythtv-users] backend <--broadband--> frontend

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 04:25:19 UTC 2010

> Who should I contact to undelete the wiki page?
>
> Ohad

Good luck with that.

I don't know what the backround is...

<pure speculation>

perhaps some RIAA/MPAA lawyers sent threatening letters at some point,
trying to scare the main developers into shutting down the site.
Since no one in their right mind would want to deal with such
slimeballs, even when the charges are obviously completely frivolous -
because in the US, and probably many other countries, it would cost
far to much time and money win against the bags of money they have to
toss around.

</speculation>

It would probably be easier for some folks in a country with a more
sane legal system to set up a site to host useful information and
addons for MythTV that the main developers here are afraid to host on
their servers, rather than further annoying the folks who donate their
time to working on MythTV.

Kinda like how the DVD CSS stuff comes from a site overseas.

It's just the game we appear to have to play these days.  Everyone
knows it is silly and ridiculous (oh my god, hide that information
that tells how to copy a video file that was recorded by Myth over the
internet - that might be piracy!) but none of us has the power or the
money to put an end to the highly financed threat (by passing sane
laws, or winning against the companies making the threats)

Sigh.

I'd just grab your article from the google cache before it disappears
(or perhaps some good soul can get you the wiki-formatted version) and
post it on another site.