[mythtv-users] Anyone in UK - Don't forget to do your DVB-T retune today.

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Sep 30 15:53:32 UTC 2009

Neil Bird wrote:

>- What has people's experience been with re-scanning?  Do you keep
>the off-air channel names as they were originally set (ugly all-caps
>and all)?
>
>- Has no-one already done this?  Or will anyone want it if I do it?

I've re-scanned in the past. Because the mind numbingly crazy channel
numbering on UK Freeview, I wrote a simple SQL script to reset the
channel numbers to what **I** consider reasonable - it also hides all
other channels and sets xmltv id. So after a re-scan, I just run the
script and my channels are set up again.

--
Simon Hobson