[mythtv-users] Again duplicates in recordings, I dont get it

Panachoi panachoi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 11:29:59 UTC 2009

> On 09/28/2009 02:33 PM, Richard Morton wrote:
> > I just pasted into a text editor to find
>
> Thank you /very/ much, Richard.  I hadn't gotten around to doing that,
> yet (and wasn't looking forward to doing so :).
>
> >  programid is empty. seriesID
> > is populated on the middle one but empty on the others (stereo flag is
> > set on the two that are not populated with SeriesID - 1st and 3rd
> > entry)
> > Airdate; empty on 1st and 3rd, 2009 on 2nd
> >
> > Category type; movie on 1st and 3rd;empty on 2nd
> > category: movie on 1st and 3rd; Sci-Fi on 2nd
> > description populated on 1st and 3rd, empty on 2nd
> > hope that helps
>
> Where "progamid is empty" (on all 3) and "description populated on 1st
> and 3rd, empty on 2nd" means that there are actually 2 different shows
> listed according to the "default" duplicate matching method, "Subtitle
> and description" or "Subtitle then description".  Therefore, with that
> duplicate matching method selected for the rule, it would record 2
> showings.
>
> Oh, and to the OP, instead of using:
>
> SELECT * FROM program WHERE title = 'Apollo 13';
>
> to post to an e-mail list, using:
>
> SELECT * FROM program WHERE title = 'Apollo 13'\G
>
> will give much more readable results.

First: Sorry about the crappy formatting.

Second: I guess that my problems are:

1) the sources for EIT are derived differently. Lets call the 1st the
master, as it is broadcast directly from the provider on the satellite
transponder on 13E. The 3rd is essentially derived from the 1st, and sent
over the DVBC transponder from the Cable provider. The 2nd I get from xmltv
for the analog source, which in my case (Switzerland, perhaps others?) does
not actually provide anything but the title and the showing time, and hence
the duplicate method matching sees these as different

2) my understanding of the recording schedules/duplicate matching: If I
select the program from the satellite and in the recording schedule select
"record only this showing", I end up with 2 recordings (Satellite and
Analog).  This doesn't make much sense to me. However, if I select "find and
record one showing", myth does the "right" thing, and takes the showing from
the better source (DVB-S), I think -- I have 2 upcoming recordings where the
scheduler says that the other sources have a later showing (not very
intuitive) although they all start at the same time.

My guess is that this "problem" only manifests itself because of the
different EIT information between the Satellite and Analog source.