[mythtv-users] JYA trunk and path forward

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Tue Sep 29 06:00:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 15:29 +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> 2009/9/29 Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net>:
> > Now the only thing left is for me to make the decision about going
> > to .22 now or a bit later...
>
> Is there anything 0.21-fixes (With all my backports) can't do that
> trunk can and that you need ?
>
> If the answer is no, I suggest you wait while trunk stabilize a bit
> more...
>
> If you don't mind upgrading daily (quite easy with my ubuntu packages)
> then more tester the better.
> I've written some instructions on how to backup and upgrade
> http://www.avenard.org/media/Ubuntu_Repository/Entries/2009/8/27_Trunk___MythTV.html

I've read that, and the .22 transition guide, and I'm going through the
Jamu doc too.

There are a few things that are causing me nervous twiches sometimes.
Like the frontend segfaulting once in a while, some media support that I
think could be better, etc... I'm also itching for MythUI, I like new
and shiny. The new metadate support is tempting too. Plus I guess that
my system has been quite stable for too long ;o)

I'm not afraid of daily updates or of the subscriptions to the proper
lists.

As for DB backups, they are certainly SOP!

I may well take the plunge in the next few days. In the worst case I
revert back to .21 and the most that I am losing are recording for the
kids this week. That is what proper packaging systems with proper
packager following the rules are for.

Nico