[mythtv-users] Question about tuner numbering and useage

Tue Sep 29 03:09:46 UTC 2009

I finally got my master and slave backends completely setup and working as I
expect them. I have two Hauppauge PVR-USB tuners on the master backend and two
Hauppauge PVR-1600s on the slave backend. I would like to have the slave
backend tuners be the primary tuners and the USB tuners to be the secondary
tuners. I understand that MythTV attempts to do load balancing so I really
wouldn't mind if the used the Slave Tuner #1 first, then say Master Tuner #1,
then Slave Tuner #2 and if every needed Master Tuner #2.

I seem to recall somewhere that the numbering of the tuners dictates the order
in which the tuners are used. So how can I either renumber the tuners or set
them up as above? Do I need to remove all the tuners from both Master and
Slave and then setup each tuner again in the order I want them used?

Thanks,
-Eric