[mythtv-users] About to go from stable to SVN, quick check

William william_munson at comcast.net
Tue Sep 29 00:46:12 UTC 2009

Bobby Gill wrote:
> Have been running my package manager (pacman on Arch linux) stable
> release of Myth (0.21) for the longest time, all is well but would
> like to give 0.22 a try. I run mythconverg_backup.pl nightly, and just
> ran it again now, so got the DB backed up. Anything else or do I just
> go ahead and run the install?
>
> Also, @ http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Upgrading_To_SVN, it is giving two
> choices in either RPM or specific packages, correct? Obvious I'm sure
> but just clarifying that the RPM is not a preceeding step to the
> specific packages.
>
> Thanks
> Bob

The RPM should be all you will need. The specific packages is for those
who need to be creative. You should be able to shutdown the backend and
frontends. Install the packages. Run mythtv-setup and run thru the
screens. Start the backend and frontends and enjoy your new system.

PS - Be sure to reset your theme to G.A.N.T. before upgrading to avoid
the issue with old themes. That may be fixed by now but just to be safe
revert to the default theme.

William