[mythtv-users] mounting windows 7 drives in myth

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 20:27:51 UTC 2009

I sort of solved this problem.  I created a user named root on my
windows box and gave that root the same password as on my mythbox.  I
then put a line like this in fstab:
//192.168.1.104/Users/Gabe/Music/mp3   /music    cifs
users,rw,password='',dirmode=0777,filemode=0777 0 0

Note, the password is empty here, but it did seem to make a difference
whether I have a password for the windows user or not (when I chose no
password, it would not mount the share properly).  Now I can mount the
share and myth can access it.

I fiddled with some other settings, and like others in this thread,
don't know exactly what I did aside from selecting the folder,
choosing sharing and allowing user root to have full access.